Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

#fixerupperdetroit Invitation: Come Smash with Us!

We're going with no news=good news on the land bank front.

We were told to keep working on the house as planned, so we're going to. That means that this Saturday, January 16th, we're going to gut the kitchen and pull out ceilings, walls, and floors in a few other strategic locations to set up our contractor for the renovation.

I hate smashing stuff. I'm not into destruction, demolition, chaos, or violence. I'd rather be creating or upcycling. But some things really have to go. So I have promised myself that I will help - by bagging refuse and taking it to the dumpster that will be sitting in our driveway.

If you would like to help, either by smashing stuff or carrying stuff (or even better, both), you can e-mail me at suttone2@gmail.com for more info. We have a few people coming to help already, but definitely the more, the merrier.

We don't know what we're going to find behind some of the pieces slated to be destroyed. There is at least one patch of Pewabic tile hidden under another floor. Intrigued?

Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment