Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Writing Challenge: Modified NaNoWriMo

A friend and I had talked a few months ago about doing National Novel Writing Month together - except  neither of us is writing a novel. She will be working on her dissertation, and I'll be trying to get out a blog post every day. Yes, for those of you who love reading this blog, for the month of November, I will be attempting to post something every day. I am hoping this will start a trend of writing consistently, responding more promptly to current events, and improving readership. The accountability of doing it with a friend seemed like a good plan.

So, what might you learn about this month? I drafted a list of titles in case I have writer's block, so that I can't use not having a topic as an excuse. Here are some that might make an appearance:

Stop Silencing Women: Stouffer's Commercial is Stupid
My God is Genderqueer
Why I Drive Woodward (Instead of the Expressway)
Ben Carson, MDs, WSU SOM, Detroit: Affirmative Action
Stop Calling Women Irrational: You're Just Lazy
Erin's Standardized Test Pep Talk
In Defense of: Bourgeois Stuff Like Paid Sick Days
Marriage Secret: Mango Yogurt Principle
Serfdoms, Sharecropping, and the Modern U.S.
Jesus Came From Blended Family
What We Learn from Expectations and Narrative

Do you have other topics you hope I'll tackle? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment