Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Confessions: I Trained my Resting Face to be a Smize

Smize: a smile you can see in the bearer's eyes

Coined, I believe by Tyra Banks on America's Next Top Model. While I don't watch the show regularly, the concept of smizing seems a worthwhile one to me. If you've never thought about it or consciously tried it, please do so now.

Have you tried it? How do you feel?

I noticed that practicing a smize on a regular basis makes me feel happier on the inside. I think there's research out there somewhere about that. In any case, I've had a lot of time alone in my car lately, and I've been practicing what I call "Smizing Resting Face." Resting faces came into public consciousness a couple years ago, maybe, because some people have sour or irritated resting faces despite not being upset. No idea what my resting face used to look like, but I've worked it out to rest into a smize as much as possible.

I think there might be other benefits if I keep this up - hopefully my wrinkle patterns someday will tell the story that I have lived through many happy though challenging adventures. And to me, that's the best kind of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment