Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Premarital Counseling

After meeting with the minister, Rebecca and I set up a plan for couples' counseling with the minister. The first step was to fill out an online survey. (I won't say much about that, since Rebecca hasn't done hers yet and I'm supposed to keep the content confidential until she does.) Suffice it to say that I'm sure it will bring up some good discussion points for us as we prepare for the next step in our relationship.

The minister is great; she's very understanding of the difficulties we face as a lesbian couple, but she views us as every bit as legitimate as a straight couple. I'm looking forward to meeting with her again.

2 comments:

  1. Colby and I had to take something like that too, but it was the official Catholic Church test. Every time we didn't have the same answer we had to discuss it, or if we had the same answer, but not the correct Catholic answer, we also had a discussion. I'm not convinced that it did anything to help, but hey, we're still married, so there's that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is through the United Church of Christ, so I can't imagine there's a "correct" answer in mind.

    ReplyDelete