Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Monday, November 21, 2011

MI Love: Cranberries

Recently at Horrock's Farm Market, Rebecca and I bought Michigan cranberries. I'm in love with the tart little fuchsia pearls. My mom used to buy them on sale and freeze them so that she could bake with them all winter.

My favorite cranberry recipe is a Cranberry Citrus Muffin that my mom used to make. However, the most quintessential cranberry recipe, the one that best features the cranberry, is the Thanksgiving staple: cranberry sauce. My mother's (and grandmother's) recipe is a 4:2:1 proportion - 4 parts cranberries to 2 parts to sugar to 1 part water. Then follow the directions on the bag - basically make a syrup, add the cranberries, and cook them until they start to pop (and your kitchen smells like Thanksgiving).

No comments:

Post a Comment