Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Housewarming Eve Post: Detroit Sense

It's the eve of the #fixerupperdetroit housewarming, and I'm just sitting down to write my #nablopomo post. I spent the day scrubbing dishes and washing floors, so instead of something lengthy, I'm going to share a brief exchange Rebecca and I had in reference to our Dutch Girl doughnut order:

Me: It was confusing at first, so I asked questions until it made sense.
Rebecca: Did it ever make sense?
Me: It made Detroit sense.
Rebecca: So no.
Me: Well, I mean, Detroit just works differently.

And I love it, readers. I love coming home through a tunnel of vibrant fall color, waving to neighbors, the shops that are their own Institution at this point.

I hope some of you come tomorrow and see what I see. You can have a doughnut either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment