Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Monday, April 9, 2012

To bouquet or not to bouquet

Is the question.

We've decided that we won't carry bouquets, since we're coming down the aisle on each others arms. The more I think about it, though, the more I think that our women guests of honor (we're not having a traditional bridal party, since we didn't want to divide up our friends or gender balance) should probably have something to hold. After all, what do you do with your hands if you're not on someone's arm and there's no bouquet?

So I did that thing again, where I spent more money and created more work for myself than is probably strictly prudent. I had some silk orchids already, so I decided to use those and supplement with some other stems. The trick is that I will need to create new stems for almost every individual blossom out of florist wire and tape. I'm hoping that won't take as long as I think it will take.

I've decided that each bouquet will be a little different, since our ceremony is going to be very eclectic anyway. I'll put up pictures when I have something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment