Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Quick Update

Visited our venue today for coffee/Italian soda. They still don't have their liquor license, so we're thinking that beverage choices might be coffee, tea, lemonade, soft drinks, and Italian soda. That's fine with me - I've been to plenty of lovely receptions without alcohol. Hopefully the cafe will take a little off the price they quoted us.

We made a final decision about the space we'll use for the reception - it will be upstairs on the balcony. We love the feel up there, much better than the downstairs space. There are mostly booths, some rectangular and some round. The advantage to the downstairs space was that the tables are a little bigger and it would be handicap accessible, but I kind of like the intimacy of smaller tables, and I'm fairly certain that none of our guests need spatial accommodations. If they do, we'll find a way to set them up downstairs.

We also tried to estimate, again, how long the banisters are - we're planning to decorate them with white Christmas lights and silk flowers. I think we don't have nearly enough flowers, but I think we might supplement with eucalyptus, since it's cheaper for the amount of length it will give, and that will tie the bouquets and decorations together.

I'm glad we were able to make these decisions, since we have just over a month left until the ceremony. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone! I hope that we're able to get everything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment