Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Monday, May 7, 2012

At Long Last

We've been trying to get a price quote from our venue for probably about a week now. We knew they were really chill when we decided to have the ceremony there, so I'm not surprised it took so long. It's been difficult, sometimes, to get hold of our contact at Gone Wired, but once we do, Colleen has always been very nice and accommodating, so I felt confident that things would come together. That also gave us the flexibility to change things at the last minute, something a traditional venue wouldn't allow us.

Colleen gave me a call this morning, and the price actually came in under their original estimate! We'll be able to stick to what we budgeted for food - we were looking at around $1200, which we'll hit with the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and cake included. Words can't describe how happy I am. We need to get a deposit down by Wednesday.

In other news, I still have some things to pick up before the ceremony, including a changeover bucket from the MSU Dairy Store (super excited about that).

I'm starting to get nervous about everything. I want everything to be beautiful - non-traditional but traditional where it counts, and I want everyone to have a really nice time, eat some delicious food, and spend quality time with us. I'm trying to keep the main thing the main thing - committing to the person I love - and not worry too much about the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment