Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

MI Love: Bacon

I've come to a realization.

I love bacon.

I used to think that I only love the scent of bacon (and it is perhaps true that I love the smell even more than the taste), but in the past year, I have come to understand that I do in fact like bacon.

My most recent bacon purchase was from Horrock's - we found Kowalski thick cut, which is a meat company out of Hamtramck.

How do we use bacon? One favorite is corn chowder. Apparently, a soup cannot be called a chowder unless it contains bacon, and so we usually do buy bacon for it.

Given that corn chowder doesn't use a whole package of bacon, what else do we do? Another recent use is a facsimile of the Tim Horton's BELT, which is a BLT with egg on a bagel.

Yum!

1 comment: