Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Date Change

So I mentioned in a previous post that we have changed our date. I didn't post why because I didn't want to "out" someone else's news . . . BUT now I think it's safe to tell you:

Rebecca and I are going to be aunts!

Her sister is expecting and is due on June 14th, which was very close to our original ceremony date. While odds were that it would have been okay, we really didn't want to risk that Emily and Greg would miss it. Fortunately Gone Wired still had earlier spots open (okay, so that far ahead, I don't know if they have anything booked; they don't do events like weddings very often). We had reasons for choosing that date, but they paled in comparison to having our loved ones there.

Since we don't know the gender of our new niece or nephew yet, we're calling him/her the Ewok until further information comes in. Yes, as in Star Wars. Yes, there is probably a plush Ewok toy coming for the baby shower. We just couldn't help ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment