Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MI Love: Apples

Michigan is a huge producer of apples. I grew up an apple connoisseur - we picked apples every year and I know exactly what I like, down to which apples are okay at a grocery store and which must be picked fresh. One of my Asian friends was shocked to hear how many different kinds of apples there are. She thought there were three:  red, green, and yellow.

To celebrate Michigan apple season, Rebecca and I are hosting a caramel apple party. Given that it takes a certain amount of caramel to dip even one apple, and that amount will coat several more apples than Rebecca and I can eat, we decided to have some people over to share in the process. We hope it will be an evening to enjoy Michigan produce and the company of people we love.

1 comment:

  1. You should try SweeTango apples. They're my absolute favorite. They're a cross between a honeycrisp and the zestar. They're the perfect balance of texture, juiciness, and flavor. I'm pretty sure you can get them at Meijer and many of them are grown locally in Michigan. :) Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete