Two women seeking equality in a state where some couples are more equal than others.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Before Photos: Not What You Expect

Some of you have heard that we bought a home in Detroit.

Some of you also know that our home needs some repairs and renovating, that it has lead paint and asbestos, and that the previous seller didn't maintain it well.

Some of you have expressed concern for us or surprise that we would choose such a home.

And I know there are some who assume this is typical of a home in Detroit. The city has suffered from too many photographers profiting from the haunting images of abandoned train stations, concert halls, mansions, etc. People have said that we're brave for buying this home.

Instead of trying to tell you otherwise, I've dusted off my iMovie skills to bring you the before photo tour of our new home!

It already doesn't look like this - demolition has begun - but I hope you will see what I see.





No comments:

Post a Comment